Before starting to promote your website, there are some things that you need to prepare first. You will be having some questions asking yourself on how you can get traffic in your website. What can you do to stimulate traffic? In this article, a number of things are provided that you require to do before you start to promote your website and also the things to do so as to increase traffic in your website.
1) You need to include your keywords in headers. All the search engines consider the keywords that appear in the page headline and the sub headers to be of more important to that page and hence they ensure that your keyword phrase appears on one or two of the first header tags. Your headers also should not be too small or too large to reduce the bias. Hence, you should ensure that your design defines the tags in the CSS rather than the creation of headlines with other words in the content.
2) You need also to position your keyword in the first paragraph of your body text. The search engine usually assumes that the first paragraph of your document will contain the important keywords. This is where most of the people write an introduction of the content. You also need not overdo the keyword since the whole document may at times lack some meaning. You may even decide to be more specific and use the keywords in hyperlinks. When you see the keyword hyperlinked in your document body, you tend to justify that it is more important. Hence hyperlink your important key phrases and keywords.
4) You need also to create a site map. A sitemap page that contains links to all your pages can help the visitors to find easily all your pages especially when you have a large site. It does not necessarily mean that you have to use money so as to create the site maps you can use the free XML sitemaps.com to create the XML sitemap. Then upload the site maps to your website. You need first to explore what the different free sites are offering.
5) Promote your local business on the internet. These days many people advertise their local business on the internet. So as to ensure they find you, hence you need to include on every page of your website the zip code, street address, phone number and any other thing that identifies your local business.
6) You need also to submit your site to key directories. Links from the directory are crucial since they help you to raise your ranking.
Try these and you will know how to prepare before you start to promote your website.